Are you a little bummed out that exams are over and you don’t know what to do with all your free time? Since most of you have been sheltered away from the real world for the last 4 months, I will catch you up on some of the best activities to keep yourself busy over the winter break.
- Sleep: It’s never a bad idea to catch up on a little lost sleep and try to build on sleeping habits that you can carry with you into the Spring semester. You don’t have to make a 9am class anytime soon, so abandon the alarm for the next 2 weeks and get try to get 7-8 hours a night.
- Gym: The gym can be your friend. Sweat your worries away and rejuvenate yourself in time for a productive second semester.
- Shop: Don’t forget to pick up those last minute gift items for family and friends. Fortunately, most people will not hold you to high expectations during law school….hence why most of my family and friends received “law school swag” during my 3 years of law school.
- Read: Read? Yes read. Winter break is the best time to catch up on pleasure reading. You aren’t bogged down with summer classes or work for an internship. Plus, it’s always good to remind yourself that reading can be fun. If you need a few ideas on what to read, check out the New York Times Best Sellers.
- Television: You will have plenty of time to catch up on all of those shows you DVR’d over the last few weeks and discover your new favorite shows. If you need a suggestion on new TV Shows, I would highly suggest “Person of Interest” and “Revenge.” It is also college bowl season, so spend a little time kicking it on the couch and watching your favorite college team play in the “PizzaCarRandomWebsite.com Bowl.”
- Movies: Yes, they are slightly expensive, but who can resist larger than satisfying Diet Cokes and free refill movie popcorn! My picks for this winter break are “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol,” ”Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows,” and “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.”
If you get tired of all these fun activities, just remember that the Law Library will be back open on January 3rd from 8am – 6pm. Have a great winter break.