A recent study by researchers at the University of Toronto has discovered that morning people are happier than night owls. Based on the responses to the study, those who favored mornings over evenings also reported higher levels of happiness. Some of this maybe attributed to sleep deprivation. People who stay up late and want to wake up later may end up having to wake up early anyways, especially if they have a 9-5 job (or Legal Bibliography at 9 a.m on a Friday morning). (Source, Yahoo: Morning people happier than night owls, says study)
So are you ready to make the commitment to being a morning person? It’s easy to do if you follow these tips (Source, Yahoo: Great tips for becoming a morning person):
- Slash an hour from your day: trim down your evening obligations.
- Protein: add a little protein to the most important meal of the day, breakfast.
- Reward Yourself: build in a few minutes of a reward for not hitting the snooze. Read, listen to the news, meditate, whatever works for you.
- Pep Talk: ask yourself what you GET to do today, instead of what you HAVE to do.
- Exercise: exercise can boost morning energy surge, burn more fat calories, and result in more weight loss than exercising after breakfast.