Have you ever wished that information about prevention of food born illness, safe food handling and safe preparation of meat, poultry and egg products was right at your fingertips? No? Well what about exercises to help manage and reduce stress? Well, an app that does just that, and many others, is available compliments of the US government. Below are some great, readily available apps available through the United States government’s website:
- Breathe 2 Relax- This app provides information about stress’s effect on the body and exercises to help manage stress through breathing exercises.
- T2 Mood Tracker- This app helps you track your mood on a daily basis.
- Tactical Breather- This app helps you gain control over physiological and psychological responses to stress.
- USA Jobs- this app provides a one-stop-shop to search for jobs within the federal government.
- Charge!- This game provides a great way to familiarize yourself with correct acquisition and contracting rules as defined in the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Congress- A Pocket Dictionary- This app helps you find your representative, see how they vote, read up on bills, find out about committee hearings and other information about the day to day activities of congress.
- Library of Congress- A Virtual Tour- This app does exactly as its name implies, it gives you a virtual tour of the library of congress.
- SBA- This app helps you find the nearest location of Small Business Administration-affiliated advisers and other resources to help start or grow your small business.
- The Congressional Record- This app provides the daily congressional record along with records dating back to January 4, 1995.
- Baby Name Playroom- This app allows you to search through popular baby names over the last 130 years.
- Encyclopedia of Life- This app allows you to catalog the biodiversity of the planet as a part of the Encyclopedia of Life project focused on organizing and making available information about all forms of life on earth.
- Leafsnap- This app uses photographs of leaves taken from by smartphones to determine the species of a specific tree.
- Meanderthal- This app uses a picture taken of you or your friends and shows you what the person would look like as an early human.
- Alternative Fuel Locator- This app allows you to find the five closest providers of biodiesel, electricity, E85 (ethanol), hydrogen, natural gas and propane for your alternate fuel vehicle.
- FCC Mobile Broadband- This app allows you to test the quality and speed of your mobile data collection.
- My Dietary Supplements- This app provides a way to track the vitamins, minerals, herbs and other products you take.
- My Food-A-Pedia- This app provides nutrition information on over 1,000 foods including the calorie amounts, contribution to the five food groups and the number of extra calories from solid fats, added sugars and alcohol.
- National Weather Service- This app provides weather, hydrologic and climate forecasts and warnings for the United States and its surrounding territories.
All of these apps and many more are available at usa.gov.