For many of you, this is the first time in the past four months that you haven’t had your day meticulously planned out. No classes, study group meetings, student org events, or final exams. What is a law student to do with all of this free time? Here are a few suggestions:
- Sleep. Many of you were probably sleep deprived over the past couple of weeks of the semester. Now is the time to hit snooze and make sure you get the doctor recommended 8 hours. Naps are also encouraged!
- Shopping. If you’re like me, you probably put off all of your holiday shopping during exams. Who has time to shop when you worried about your contracts final or a moot court brief? Don’t fret, you can still find some great deals out there in the last few days. If all else fails, drop people a big IOU and pick up something at a day after Christmas sale.
- Bar Application. If you didn’t get your Georgia Bar application in by December 5, no worries, you can still meet the final deadline of March 6, 2013 (late fee required).
- Read a book. Reading may be the last thing you want to do right now. However, think back to your time prior to law school when you used to actually read for fun. If you need a few suggestions, check out our previous blog post for summer reading.
- College Football. Conveniently, classes let out right around the time college football bowl season begins. Games started on December 15 and will last until January 17, 2013, the national title game. You can keep up with all of the bowl coverage and find a complete schedule on ESPN’s College Bowl page.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden. If you need to get out and stretch your legs, one of the biggest holiday events going on in Atlanta right now is the Garden Nights Holiday Lights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden. The holiday lights will last until January 5, 2013. To get more information, check out the Garden Nights info page.
- Atlanta Falcons. Checkout the hottest team in the NFL right now, the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons are currently leading the NFC South division with a league best 12-2 record. Don’t miss the chance to see the Falcons play their final home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on December 30, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. Game Day Preview
- Atlanta Hawks. The Hawks are putting together another solid year, currently bested in their division only by the Miami Heat. There are several opportunities to see a home game over the winter break, so stop by “The Highlight Factory” and support your Hawks. Hawks Schedule