by Lindsey LaForge
Got the summer time blues? No fear, new movies are near! The library DVD collection is expanding soon and some great titles are due to come in! All the DVDs in the collection have some relation to the law, so you can always count watching them as study time. For those who can’t wait to find out what newbies are due in, here is a sneak peak at the ordered series and movies:
(All descriptions courtesy of imdb.com)
How I Met Your Mother (Series)
– Ted searches for the woman of his dreams in New York City with the help of his four best friends.
Battlestar Galactica (Series)
– When an old enemy, the Cylons, resurface and obliterate the 12 colonies, the crew of the aged Galactica protects a small civilian fleet – the last of humanity – as they journey toward the fabled 13th colony of Earth.
Downton Abby (Series)
– Beginning in the years leading up to World War I, the drama centers on the Crawley family and their servants.
The Closer (Series)
– Deputy Police Chief Brenda Johnson runs the Priority Homicide Division of the LAPD with an unorthodox style. Her innate ability to read people and obtain confessions helps her and her team solve the city’s toughest, most sensitive cases.
– The cases of Harmon Rabb, former Navy fighter pilot, and his fellow lawyers of the US Navy’s Judge Advocate General’s office.
Criminal Minds (Series)
– The cases of the BAU an elite group of profilers that analyze the nation’s most dangerous criminal minds in an effort to anticipate their next moves before they strike again.
– On the run from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross, a brilliant college-dropout, finds himself a job working with Harvey Specter, one of New York City’s best lawyers.
Silver Linings Playbook (Movie)
– After a stint in a mental institution, former teacher Pat Solitano moves back in with his parents and tries to reconcile with his ex-wife. Things get more challenging when Pat meets Tiffany, a mysterious girl with problems of her own.
And in case you can’t wait till these new ones come in, check out what some of the new stuff we already have available!
Arrested Development (Series)
– Level-headed son Michael Bluth takes over family affairs after his father is imprisoned. But the rest of his spoiled, dysfunctional family are making his job unbearable.
Breaking Bad (Series)
– Informed he has terminal cancer, an underachieving chemistry genius turned high school teacher uses his expertise to secretly provide for his family by producing the world’s highest quality crystal meth.
The Walking Dead (Series)
– Police officer Rick Grimes leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies.
Zero Dark Thirty (Movie)
– A chronicle of the decade-long hunt for al-Qaeda terrorist leader Osama bin Laden after the September 2001 attacks, and his death at the hands of the Navy S.E.A.L. Team 6 in May 2011.
– A White House Communications Director leaves to start her own crisis management firm only to discover she hasn’t left the past behind.
The Hunger Games (Movie)
– Katniss Everdeen voluntarily takes her younger sister’s place in the Hunger Games, a televised fight to the death in which two teenagers from each of the twelve Districts of Panem are chosen at random to compete.
– As the Civil War continues to rage, America’s president struggles with continuing carnage on the battlefield and as he fights with many inside his own cabinet on the decision to emancipate the slaves.
The Social Network (Movie)
– Harvard student Mark Zuckerberg creates the social networking website that would become known as Facebook, but is later sued by two brothers who claimed he stole their idea, and the co-founder who was later squeezed out of the business.
Never Let Me Go (Movie)
– The story of three friends who are tragically born to lead short lives, and the love triangle that forms between them in their brief time together.
– A dramatization of the 1980 joint CIA-Canadian secret operation to extract six fugitive American diplomatic personnel out of revolutionary Iran.
The Good Wife (Series)
– Alicia has been a good wife to her husband, a former state attorney. After a very humiliating sex and corruption scandal, he is behind bars. She must now provide for her family and returns to work as a litigator in a law firm.
These are just a few of the awesome titles that are located behind the reference desk in the study-aid section. Be sure to come and check them out today! Also, if you are interested in a certain movie or series or have any questions be sure to talk to Pam Brannon at pbrannongsu.edu